IDF is officialy a new member of HEPA Europe (European network for the promotion of health-enhancing physical activity)
The mission of HEPA Europe is to provide a forum for the advancement of health-enhancing physical activity (HEPA) research, policy and practice for better health and well-being across the WHO European Region. HEPA Europe is a WHO/Europe network, established during its first meeting in 2005 in Gerlev, Denmark, whose activities are based on WHO policy statements and corresponding documents from the European Commission, and are aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals and WHO Global Action Plan on Physical Activity 2018–2030.
HEPA Europe membership is open to organizations and institutions active at the regional, national or subnational level, who are willing to contribute to the goals and objectives of the network.
Physical inactivity and sedentary lifestyles have long been established as risk factors for noncommunicable diseases. The promotion of physical activity at the population-level requires comprehensive national policies and strategies. It is important that these strategies incorporate targeted interventions designed to increase physical activity among the most inactive segments of the population, across multiple settings such as schools, workplaces and cities.
HEPA Europe main objectives and guiding principles
- Foster interdisciplinary communication and knowledge exchange between researchers, practitioners and policy-makers.
- Facilitate sharing of experiences and best practice in HEPA promotion.
- Contribute to the development of multisectoral and intersectoral policies and strategies for HEPA.
- Strengthen collaboration within and between sectors to advance HEPA research, practice and policy.
- Provide capacity-building opportunities for researchers, practitioners and policy-makers to strengthen the skillset of the HEPA workforce.
- Deliver and support advocacy actions for the creation and maintenance of supportive social, physical and policy environments for HEPA.
- Provide a strong voice for the HEPA agenda.
- Focus on population-based approaches for the promotion of health-enhancing physical activity using the best available scientific evidence.
- Encourage exchange, dissemination and sharing of experience and knowledge.
- Support cooperation, partnerships and collaboration with other related sectors, networks and approaches.
HEPA Welcome Letter_International Dart Federation
Download PDF • 181KB